Boondi Ladoo Recipe | Boondi Laddu Recipe | Bondi Ka Ladoo with detailed photo and video recipe. Basically, an Indian Sweet laddu recipe prepared from the Boondi snack or besan or chickpea flour pearls. Deep-fried Boondi pearls are soaked in sugar syrup and shaped into round balls or an indian Ladoo recipe. It is a special and must-festival sweet that can be easily shared and served with friends and family.
Boondi Ladoo Recipe | Boondi Laddu Recipe | Bondi Ka Ladoo with step-by-step photo and video recipe. Traditionally, the Boondi Ladoo recipe is prepared during festival seasons or for any auspicious or religious occasion. Also, it is most commonly prepared during Diwali festival celebrations or even the Navaratri festival. But not limited to it and can be an ideal simple and healthy sweet Ladoo for any occasion and ritual.
There are quite a few similarities between Boondi Laddo and Motichoor Ladoo with texture and sweetness. But is prepared totally with different techniques and instruments with different cooking procedures. Arguably Boondi laddu is a much easier and simpler recipe compared to the later one. It can be prepared with a readily available filter spoon or frying spoon. Whereas for Motichur Ladoo there is a dedicated filter that yields very tiny besan peals. Later it is mixed with kesar colour and sugar syrup which is followed by shaping it into round balls. This means you do not have to hire a chef or purchase from a store to get the authentic taste and flavor. Do try this way an I am certain that you and your family would love it.
Some basic and important tips and recommendations for a perfect textured Boondi ladoo recipe. Firstly, the sugar syrup consistency is essential in the Boondi laddu recipe. Ideally, one-string consistency is suitable for this Ladoo. But you can go for a 2-string consistency for a harder laddu texture. Secondly, I have added a yellow kesar foodfor a yellow Boondi laddo. Alternatively, green, or orange color or you can totally skip the color. Lastly while shaping the Ladoo, if your sugar syrup crystallizes, then microwave it for 30 secs. This should help to shape it further and also moist to make it more effective while serving.
Finally, I would like to highlight my other Indian Sweet Recipes Collection with this recipe post of the Boondi ladoo recipe. It includes Kaju Katli, kaju pista roll, badam barfi, milk powder barfi, rava kesari, rasgulla, gulab jamun, Rasmalai, Sandesh, and peanut chikki recipe. In addition, do visit my other recipes collection,
About Boondi Ladoo
It is an easy and simple classical Indian dessert recipe made with chickpea flour pearls and the goodness of sugar syrup. Basically, the Boondi Ladoo is a popular and easy alternative to the Motichoor Ladoo which is easy and simple to make. The Boondi or the pearls are made with chickpea flour batter which is deep fried till crisp. It is later mixed with sugar syrup to make it sticky and later shaped like round balls also known as Laddu.
There are myriad ways to prepare this simple and tasty Ladoo recipe. The most common and easy way is to run the thin chickpea flour batter through a deep-fried strainer or spoon. This would result in small and attractive pearls which are sugar syrup coated and shaped like balls. However, the other popular way is to make large pearls and then use a blender to crush them. This is the most easiest and simplest way, but may not turn out attractive.
Recipe Card for Boondi Ladoo:
Boondi Ladoo Recipe | Boondi Laddu – No Boondi Mould
Easy Boondi Ladoo Recipe | Boondi Laddu – No Boondi Mould
firstly, prepare boondi from besan batter.
in a large thick bottomed kadai, take 1¼ cup of sugar.
to that add ½ cup of water and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
mix well and allow to boil till you attain 1 string consistency.
once the sugar cools slightly (about 5 minutes), pour over prepared boondi.
also roast 2 tbsp raisins, 2 tbsp cashew and 5 cloves in 1 tbsp ghee.
pour the roasted dry fruits over boondi mixture along with ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
mix well with the help of spoon till the sugar syrup is absorbed.
when the mixture still lightly warm, prepare ladoo.
finally, offer boondi ladoo to god or store in an airtight container once cooled.
How to Make Boondi Laddu with step-by-step photos:
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup besan along with 3 drops of yellow food colour.
- also add ¼ cup of water and whisk smooth without forming any lumps.
- add more water as required and prepare a thick flowing consistency batter.
- now add ¼ tsp baking soda and give a light mix.
- take small holes perforated spoon and pour prepared besan batter.
- slowly tap with the help of spoon, making sure the drops of besan fall into oil.
- do not over crowd the boondis in oil.
- stir occasionally and once they are almost crisp, take off and drain over the kitchen paper towel.
- in a large thick bottomed kadai, take 1¼ cup of sugar.
- to that add ½ cup of water and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- mix well and allow to boil till you attain 1 string consistency. do not touch the sugar syrup with bare hands as it will be very hot. make sure to dip your fingers in cold water before you check for consistency.
- once the sugar cools slightly (about 5 minutes), pour over prepared boondi.
- also roast 2 tbsp raisins, 2 tbsp cashew and 5 cloves in 1 tbsp ghee.
- pour the roasted dry fruits over boondi mixture along with ¼ tsp cardamom powder.
- mix well with the help of spoon till the sugar syrup is absorbed.
- when the mixture still lightly warm, prepare ladoo.
- finally, offer boondi ladoo to god or store in an airtight container once cooled.
- firstly, make sure to attain 1 string consistency sugar syrup, else its difficult to shape ladoo.
- also, add camphor and sugar candy for more traditional flavour.
- additional, adjust the consistency of besan batter by adding water as required.
- finally, boondi ladoo stays good for a week when stored in airtight container.